Sunday, September 6, 2009

Way of the White Cloud


Hi All,

Another day . . . along Skyline . . .




I went for a fine hike along Skyline trail yesterday afternoon. The weather was perfect. Sunny and warm. It was not steamy humid as it was on one of my hikes a week or two ago. This is reflected in some of the photos. If you go back to the blog posting in which I posted photos of Skyline you will notice that you can't see the City of Ottawa very well. Yesterday was a clear day and the view of Hull and Ottawa was fine.

















I took pictures of the trail and flaura and fauna to share the moment.

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to EBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces). You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7).

There were more folks on the trail yesterday because it was the weekend. People tromping the trail tends to send the wee animals into hiding away from the trail. I did, however, manage to see a couple garter snakes. One was bigger than the other. They were together on the trail and before I saw them both were heading to the bush. The big one was completely hidden by the time I got may camera out but the little one was photogenic or perhaps stunned by the camera flash. I got some photos of the little green garter. As a kid I used to catch them so easily. I like snakes. These ones are harmless unless you are a frog.














































After a few minutes of steep up and down and around along the trail you come to the first lookout with a big bench to sit on. The benches along the trail are extra large so you can sit comfortably on them without taking off your hiking pack.












This first lookout has a plaque which tells a story.

















Here is the view from this first lookout. Yesterday it was clear and the city was quite visible.

































Half way around Skyline trail there is a second big bench to sit on. There is a plaque which tells how the trail was built. I sat on the bench and photographed the view.






























































Above; view from the bench seen below.














And so I bid you adieu.
Salut until we meet again.

Happy Trails,


John Redmond
in Ottawa, Canada







No comments:

Post a Comment