Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Runners and New Paintings


Hi Folks,

The shoes shown above have given me much mileage and joy. They also appeared or rather they were attached to me when I appeared in the Ottawa Citizen during my December '08 showing at Cube Gallery, Ottawa. I participated in the 'Homage' show at the Cube Gallery. The shoes were part of my costume during the Vernissage. Costumed as Jackson Pollock I was wearing my paint spattered pants and shoes and was carrying my bucket of painting tools. In my big pants pocket I kept a bottle of Irish Whiskey.


























Yesterday I bought myself some new running shoes and test plodded them along the canal early last evening. I say plod because I was going pretty slow and not very far. I'm hoping to recharge my aerobic base. I was a good boy today and went out jogging/slogging again along the canal . . . farther.














This afternoon I applied some more colour to the canvas that I was working on yesterday. I also began putting the colour on a second canvas in this same series. I took some photos of the in process paintings which I will share with you tomorrow perhaps.

Between applications of colour to the canvases my heart was pounding along the canal while jogging today. I paused to do my boy scout good deed for the day by helping a couple of giggling ladies out of their swamped canoe. Three or four of us fished them out of the canal, emptied the canoe of water, put them back in and sent them on their merry way.



The painting I posted today is abstract. It is 20'' x 16'' x 12'' on stretched canvas. I applied some gold paint to it which appears brownish in the photo. Silver paint was also used in this painting. which can be found at my online store. To reach there you will need to scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of this page. Click on Froggy and you will hop to the store to view more paintings with links to EBay. You can also find me on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces).

If you would like to view an enlargement of a picture on this page simply click on the photo. It will super size before your very amazed eyes.














ciao 4 Now,

John Redmond
in Ottawa, Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment