Thursday, September 10, 2009

– Eureka!

DSC_0024editcrop

Hi All,

Eureka! I found a tool to do this blog activity more easily (I think). Microsoft Windows has been annoying me lately. I don’t use MSN and couldn’t figure out how to delete the program from my computer as I had done once previously. Today I clicked on the Windows Live Writer link and found something useful. The BlogSpot program for creating the blog is rather clunky. At first look Windows Live Writer seems to let me do things more easily. I’ll let you know how it works. Maybe others have already had this Eureka moment.

Today I play with it. Wow, now I can insert a video to my blog.

Tom Wilson is a fabulous musician, songwriter,artist. His current bands include Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and Lee Harvey Osmond. Junkhouse and the Florida Razor Blades are bands that have been avenues for his creative expression. Tom took up painting about ten years ago. From this Friday his paintings will be on display in Ottawa for a few weeks. Tom will be at the vernissage tomorrow evening; Gallerie 240 Guigues Avenue @King Edward 613 680 0866

Too cool. So far Windows Live Writer is great for doing this blog. It’s much easier.

Map picture

Above is an aerial birds eye view of the Guigues / King Edward area where Gallerie 240 is located. Click on the image to get an interactive map. Cool eh.

Below is a little photo collage I put together yesterday; “Party On The Porch.” Friends in Greely have party once in a while and I help decorate the porch. They also have a couple pups. It’s a crazy combo of standard poodle and Newfoundlander…the Newfoundlander is younger and has learned from the poodle so we now call her a ‘’newfiedoodle'.'

Porchparty

This is all good so far except for the application ‘Facebook Photos’ that I downloaded. It’s supposed to allow you to post photos from Facebook to your blog. It seems to be giving me the same problem that others have commented on when I search for info about the application. I’ll continue to explore for how to make it work. However, the fact that I have to explore gives it a bum rating from me.

I think I prefer the enlage feature of the basic blogspot.com program. It allows for bigger enlargements. In the future I will play around with using both Windows Live Writer and Blogspots basic program to create posts.

Ooo…Ahhhh….I like the above feature. I can add a photo album and vary the way it looks on the blog. Splashy suits me. This painting is 26’’ x 20’’ x 1/2’’ acrylic on stretched canvas. It has lots of texture.

If you would like to view more of my photos scroll down this page to Froggy. Click on Froggy and you will hop to my online store with links to EBay. You can find me on Etsy. Search for sell johnredmond (no spaces)

ciao for now,

John Redmond

in Ottawa, Canada

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment