Sunday, September 13, 2009

John Redmond - Solo Show At Wild Oat Cafe

009 Display of acrylic paintings by john russell redmond at the  Wild Oat, Ottawa, October 2008 b 

Hi Everyone,

Early afternoon one day in the fall of 2008 I received a phone call from a friend.  “This is an Art Emergency.”  She asked if I could mount a show at the Wild Oat Cafe that day.  I said sure, no problem.  I gathered paintings together, loaded the car and by early evening I was hanging paintings; climbing up and down a step ladder. It was all hung in about four hours.  This showing of my paintings was up for five or six weeks.

010 Display of acrylic paintings by john russell redmond at the Wild Oat, Ottawa, October 2008 b

The Wild Oat is a cafe located in the Glebe area of Ottawa.  It has a very long wall along one side of the restaurant and the ceilings are high.  I was able to hang several of my larger paintings, including a couple 60” x 30” x 1/2” inches in size, along with medium and small ones without anything feeling cramped.  It is a kind of large space I have no problem filling.  I loved hanging the paintings and people loved the show.

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to EBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces). You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7).

 

Wild Oat Cafe

817 Bank Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 3V7 in the Glebe

Map picture

Above; Birds eye view of the Glebe area where the Wild Oat is located.  Click on the image to view an interactive map and get directions.

Below are two 40” x 30” x 1/2” inch paintings.  Their colouring is subtle giving a sense of shimmering space.

40'' x 30'' DSCN1240 

40” x 30” x 1/2” inch acrylic painting by John R. Redmond

40'' x 30'' x 12'' DSCN1258

40” x 30” x 1/2” inch acrylic painting by John R. Redmond

The album above shows views of a 36” x 24” x1/2” acrylic painting by John R. Redmond.  Click to view the full album.  Below is the full size view of the painting which is heavily textured.  This is sold.

DSCN0860

ciao,DSCN2563editcropped

John Redmond

in Ottawa

 

 

 

 

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment