Thursday, August 13, 2009

Alive and Well; A Day in the Daze




Hola All,




Just for fun, a while back I wrote a tune after listening to Jacob Dylan's very cool tune, 'Evil is Alive and Well'. I decided to write the opposite as an exercise and a nice tune came out. I named it, 'Heaven Is Alive and Well'. I decided to include some of our local geography rather than American locations {:~DD Here are three verses of the tune. There are several more but I will save them for another day. The tune is nice but I don't think I can attach an mp3 to this blog site. You may have to go to my Myspace, Facebook or Reverbnation pages to listen in the
future.




Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well



Living in the eyes of a man on the street

Singing through trees in the Gatineau Hills
Floating in the fragrance of the Lily of the Valley

Shining in the fields of the common summer flowers

Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well

Heaven is alive and well

Heaven is alive and well


Howling at the full moon, midnight rapture

Northern lights dancing in a starry sky
Rippling on the waves of the wilderness wild
Calling with the loon, with their crazy laughter

Streaming in the tears of a lost lover's heart
Walking on the water when the tears don't part
Walking through the city in the deepest night

Roaming through the streets see its eyes all dark


Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well
Heaven is alive and well

I have been allowing the black and white under painting to dry on the latest canvases. It has been quite hot and humid in Ottawa which makes the trying time longer. AC helps but it takes a few days for the paint to dry. Today I will slice away some of the newspaper and excess paint and see what I have to work with now. I may begin painting with colour on these ones today. I seem to have been staring at it for some time. There have been moments when I was not sure where it was leading. I am satisfied (I think) with the under painting and will take the plunge into colour.




Today I have posted here images of a painting I created a while ago. It is one of a series. You will notice that I use a rectangular motif in the painting. This series has been quite popular and has sold well.

The painting can be found at my online store with links to eBay. Scroll down this page to Froggy, click and hop to the store to view it.


You can view super sized images on this page by clicking on an image.

Have a day in the daze,

john redmond
in Ottawa, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment