Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cupid 4U2day encore












Hi All,

Here is the twin of the painting I posted yesterday. It was part of a showing of 'Erotic Art' at the G Becker Gallery, Ottawa, Canada.

I put some black and white undercoating on the two 36'' x 24'' x 1/2'' canvases that I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry. It was late in the evening by the time I got around to removing the plastic covering from the canvases. I decided to paint with the canvases side by side with the 24'' edges almost touching. This will make a 72'' x 24'' x 1/2'' painting if all works out well or I will have two 36'' x 24'' x 1/2'' pieces. Working on more than one painting simultaneously poses no problem. I like making a series like this. Sometimes I will paint ten to twenty paintings at a time. We shall see in what direction the current pieces go.

I enjoy doing digital art. Sometimes I will mess around digitally with a painting I have made with canvas and paint. Here is one such experiment I made with today's painting.



Digital art is satisfying as you can alter the image with a click, go back, save and alter and save again. It holds surprises. Below is another playful experiment unrelated to today's painting. It began with a photo of moi and then morphed. Perhaps it is one of my alter-egos, one of my wizard helpers, a radiant Celtic spirit.

I hope you are still holding your breath for the triptych images I promised. Those three paintings now lean against a wall in my studio apartment. Other things like house cleaning, x-rays and Stargate got in the way of my shooting some pics yesterday.


Today's painting is not yet posted in my Auctiva Store.


You may view more paintings in previous blog entries. Also you can scroll down to the bottom of this page and find Froggie. Click on Froggie and hop to the store with images and links to EBay. On Etsy look for johnredmond (nospacebetweenthefirstandlastname).
ciao,
Have a picture perfect day,
john redmond
in Ottawa, Canada
































No comments:

Post a Comment