Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Flow Motion . . .Boo!

detail 60 x 30 edit2 cartooned Oct 25 2009 051
Above is a slightly digitally enhanced detail of 60” x 30 x 1/2” painting by John R Redmond

Happy Hauntings To You,
I hope you are making it through the haunted evenings this week. 
Here below is the colour detail photo which I slightly manipulated to produce the above image.  I do enjoy playing around with digital art.  And when I am using something I have created in paint on canvas it certainly is authentically Johnny.  The digital capacity is simply another art tool.  The computer screen another canvas.  I find that when I view images of my paintings on the  computer screen I see them in a new light.  Another aspect is revealed through this medium.  I love it.

detail 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 050
Detail of 60” x 30 x 1/2” painting by John R Redmond

There really are many paintings or realities on one canvas.  The digital medium can bring out other aspects of what is already there.  This can be done to a certain extent for the original art piece by varying the lighting in the room.  A painting will appear differently in varied light.  With digital images I can crop one small section from a painting and  it becomes an image itself.

60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 043
60” x 30 x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R Redmond

On this painting I used some pure iridescent paint in the lighter areas at the top.  It may not really show in the photograph.

detail2 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 047


Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries and/or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to eBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces) or use the painting images on the right side of this blog page to zoom there instantly. You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7)



detail 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 045























Detail of 60” x 30 x 1/2” painting by John R Redmond

detail2 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 044













detail 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 048



ALL
by John R Redmond

Wherever I turn my glance
I see the face of life.
In whatever way I look
The smile of many faces
Stirs me.
A life of fullness.
A light of bliss.
A force that moves
And
Whirls the delight.
The swing of joy.
The mirth.
The terrible.
All
Multiplying
All.

60” x 30 x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R Redmond

As the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch may your hauntings be happily horror filled and fantastic.

2009-09-16-81801edit crop

caio,
John Redmond
Ottawa, Canada

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment