Sunday, November 1, 2009

SlowMo FlowMo Day 1 Daylight Savings Time

detail 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 039

Detail of 60” x 30” x 1/2” abstract painting by John R Redmond



Hi Everybody,

I think I am enjoying the ‘fall backward’ part of Daylight Savings Time here in Ottawa.  I’m not moving too quickly this morning/afternoon …just surfing the net looking at the Co. Wexford info on the Redmond family….encore.  Come to think of it, I didn’t move too fast yesterday either.  I painting the edges of some paintings in preparation for my show, ‘Flow Motion’ at Galerie 240 (Nov. 20 – Dec. 13, 2009) and sang a few tunes.


This painting I have posted is soft, misty and wavy and a little bit red.


60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 033

60” x 30” x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R Redmond


“Rippling on the waves of the wilderness wild
Calling with the loon, with their crazy laughter” 
– John R Redmond


If you have never heard the call of a loon then you must search the internet.   When you get a group of them calling at night it is wonderfully zany.  I was having challenges inserting the videos into the blog…server error…so here are a couple links.  If they do not work for you then search for loons calling on youtube – gotta love youtube!

Youtube vid of loons calling
Youtube vid of single loon calling

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries and/or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to eBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces) or use the painting images on the right side of this blog page to zoom there instantly. You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7)



60 x 30 detail3  Oct 25 2009 040













60 x 30 detail5 Oct 25 2009 040

Detail of 60” x 30” x 1/2” abstract painting by John R Redmond


This painting would look great at the top of a stairway.

I have four small 20” x 16 x 1/2” paintings with black and white undercoat ready to receive colour.  However, I think it is time to replace the newspaper that is spread over my floor before I add paint and water to the clean paint jars.

There are one or two paintings I want to photograph today.  The sun seems to be shining now after some days of rain.  I take the paintings outside, put them in the shade and take pictures.  This seems to be the best way for getting reasonably good shots to share.


60 x 30 detail4 Oct 25 2009 040

Detail of 60” x 30” x 1/2” abstract painting by John R Redmond



60” x 30” x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R Redmond

Remember that when you open the Full Album you can view the photos as a slide show in full screen mode.  I like viewing them that way.

Have fun saving the day,


detail2 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 034


John Redmond
Ottawa, Canada


John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment