Sunday, October 25, 2009

FaCEs and Flow Motion

detail2 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 023 edit crop
Detail of 60” x 30” x 1/2” acrylic painting by John R Redmond

Hi Everybody,

I had a busy week and weekend, whew, so I have not posted for a few days.  I hope your world is spinning well.
Today I am posting photos of a large 60” x 30 x 1/2” painting I made a while back.  It is rather comic-egg-sunshiny...r flower-sunshiny. . .

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries and/or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to eBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces) or use the painting images on the right side of this blog page to zoom there instantly. You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7)


I will also share a few paintings in process.  Actually they seem to be finished now but the photos I post today show them unfinished – in process.  My cave floor is covered with newspaper all splattered with paint. It reveals traces of the past couple weeks of artistic endeavour.

detail 60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 023 edit crop
Detail of 60” x 30” x 1/2” acrylic painting by John R Redmond


My solo show at Gallerie 240 in Ottawa is approaching.  The vernissage date has been altered to Friday, November 20.  This will allow folks to come out and enjoy the evening without having to be concerned with a workday the next morning. I hope you will be able to make the happy happening.  For those across the universe I will post photos and if we are fortunate, a video.
Details will be up on the website of Gallerie 240 soon.  Fear not, I will be reminding you of the dates.


60 x 30 Oct 25 2009 023 edit crop
60” x 30” x 1/2” acrylic painting by John R Redmond


Since this is a sunny painting I am sharing a chorus from a Johnny tune….something like this;
“ Better run with the sun shining in our face
Follow the wind without a trace
Run with the sun and a soundless sound
Don’t let the rain bring us down”


60” x 30” x 1/2” acrylic painting by John R Redmond


I had a computer breakdown earlier this week.  It was the monitor that seemed to die or get quite ill.  I turned it on and all that showed was grey with a few horizontal purplish lines.  Panic Attack!  I tried a couple times to reboot the beast but got the same result.  I resolved the problem by pulling out my old monitor.  It worked when hooked up.  (Panic Attack alleviated) The colour on the monitor I am currently using is not as good as the one that croaked or is ill.  When editing the photos of paintings that I took today I simply followed my usual process of colour adjustment – two clicks of the mouse.  I hope today’s posted  photos are satisfactory.  Sometimes I add another click to make the colour as close to the original as I can on the computer.  Computers work wonderfully until they don’t (note to self backup files).


Oct 25 2009 018 edit Stargate Universe friday eve


StarGate is always great painting inspiration…{:~DD  Behind the lense above I am watching the new incarnation – Star Gate Universe while letting the water do its work with the paint. 


Oct 25 2009 011 edit


Tom Wilson is reclining upon my cd case while some little beings emerge from a painting in process.  Tom Wilson’s paintings were showing at Galerie 240 in Ottawa last month.  Here is a long stringy link to the webpage showing Tom Wilson and A Cast of Thousands
http://web.mac.com/brendagalewarner/iWeb/%20%20%20%20%20%20GALERIE%20240/TOM%20WILSON%20AND%20A%20CAST%20OF%20THOUSANDS%20...%20%20September%2011th%20-%2025th%20.html
This month at Galerie 240 you can enjoy “BACK TO BLACK” Heather King and Galerie 240 owner Brenda Warner do it black this month. Here is a link to that page
http://web.mac.com/brendagalewarner/iWeb/%20%20%20%20%20%20GALERIE%20240/BACK%20TO%20BLACK.html


Oct 25 2009 013 edit



Oct 25 2009 004 edit  











It was all in process flowing  . . . By the way, I should mention that my solo show at Galerie 240 will be titled, “Flow Motion”


More from Johnny’s tune;


“Find ourselves in a place like a dream
Spin around lucid; (we’re) still in a dream
Turn a corner; find a fork in the road
Look in a mirror; someone’s messing with the code”

One more mildly amusing tale of whoa. Friday before last,  after teaching,  I attempted to visit Gallerie 240 in the early afternoon.  I made my way from the Queensway to King Edward St.  Good luck next time Johnny.  Construction kept traffic from moving.  I bailed out at Rideau St. and went home.  The photo below is the view I had while waiting to move along King Edward toward Rideau St. a few yards ahead.  That is the hood of my car seen at the bottom of the photo.  I was not a happy camper in that no flow situation but but recovered with a lovely weekend in Montreal {:~).


King Edward St at Rideau Enroute to Gallerie 240  but mission aborted Oct 2009 Oct 25 2009 001


Adios Amigos.
Run with the sun shining in your face.

John Redmond
Ottawa, Canada

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment