Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eye Spy With My Painting Eye

Painting Eye View

Greetings,

Eye spy with my painting eye.  Above is a painting’s-eye view of my hallway. As Above. So Below.

 

Painting Eye View 3 Oct 4 2009

 

Now I am getting ready for a solo show at Galerie 240 in Ottawa.  The show will open Wednesday, November 18 and will run through Sunday, December 6, 2009. 

There will be a vernissage in the evening on November 18.  I will provide details for you soon.

 

Painting Eye View Oct 4 2009

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You can check out Galerie 240 on Facebook or zoom directly there via this link Galerie 240

By the way, Tom Wilson’s showing at Galerie 240 with Zdravko Jojic and Mathew Kennedy is held over till October 12th.  Tom is now a ‘House Artist’ at Galerie 240.  Check out my previous posting, “It’s Just A Matter Of Time . . .”  http://johnrredmond.blogspot.com/2009/09/its-just-matter-of-time-before-we-get.html to read about Tom Wilson’s art and view a couple videos of Tom himself speaking about it.

 

Map picture

Galerie 240 is located at 240 Guigues Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 5J2

 

Painting Eye View 4 Oct 4 2009

 

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries and/or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to eBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces) or use the painting images on the right side of this blog page to zoom there instantly. You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7)

 

Meanwhile  . . .

Back at the 21st Century Urban Cave Dweller’s abode there is much activity – between viewings of Star Gate Universe that is {:~DD

With more on the way, I have a couple large paintings in process and a couple smaller ones too.  All are receiving black and white undercoating.  Once that is dry I will pour on the colour.  Here is an image of the latest as they sprout from the cave floor.  Note that the one at the bottom right is positioned sideways.

 

Oct 2 2009 in process 011

 

I messed around with some of the photos I took of these paintings in process.  I do love digital art.  Below is a slightly cropped and mildly manipulated image of the painting on the bottom right above.

 

 

Oct 2 2009  edit crop 010

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oct 2 2009 edit2 crop 003

 

Immediately above is a detail of one of the larger paintings but with the image reversed with the help of a mouse.  And below another detail similarly transformed.

 

Oct 2 2009 edit2 crop2 003

 

 

 

 

 

 

And below; a slightly view-master view of another smaller painting in process also processed.

 

Oct 2 2009 edit crop2  006

 

Here’s hoping that your life will be a 29 cribbage hand.

 

Oct 2 2009 edit crop 013

Sincerely Yours In Process,

John Redmond

Ottawa, Canada

 

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment