Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mystery

40'' x 30'' x 12'' DSCN1258
40” x 30” x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R. Redmond

Hi All,
Today I have posted a painting that is rather subtle and delicate.  It reminded me of song lyrics I wrote not long ago.  Friend Murray and I were writing a tune one evening but aborted efforts after a while.  Murray had created a sweet tune but we were not totally satisfied with the lyrics.  The following morning I was up early and began playing with words as I do.  I could not remember all of the melody that Murray had created the evening before but set to work with what I could, keeping an end rhyme.  When Murray saw the lyrics I had written he reworked the tune a bit.  The result was a pretty song which we have recorded.  We sang it as a duet with Murray singing low and myself singing high.  It still needs some cello tracks.
Here are a few lines from the song to accompany the painting I am sharing;

40'' x 30'' x 12'' detail 1258

“There’s no edge to her world
Seamless what she can see
Above lone silence air
Her swan ecstasy
Between quickening notes
A trackless melody . . .
She’s a mystery to me.”

40'' x 30'' detail DSCN1261

40'' x 30'' x 12'' detailbcd1258
40'' x 30'' detailb DSCN1259







40” x 30” x 1/2” abstract acrylic painting by John R. Redmond

Click on any image to view it enlarged. If you would like to view my paintings check out previous blog entries and/or scroll down to Froggy at the bottom of the page. Click on Froggy and hop to my online store with links to eBay. I'm also on Etsy. Search for seller johnredmond (no spaces) or use the painting images on the right side of this blog page to zoom there instantly. You can find me on Facebook, Myspace and, "tweeet twweet," Twitter (Redjar7)

Here is a little Yo Yo Ma performing on cello and comments on space between the notes.  Does anyone have his phone number?  We need some cello tracks {:~DD  The embedded function is apparently disabled.  When you click it you will see the note.  Click the note and you will zoom to Youtube in a separate window to listen/view the video.



ciao,
DSCN2563editcropped118
John Redmond
Ottawa, Canada

John Redmond Art

No comments:

Post a Comment